Link to the 2017 Brochure: 2017 Educational Institute Curriculum
The 2017 Educational Institute once again will offer 65 full-day classes in 13 different course paths, with the “best of the best” instructors from all over the United States. Class offerings include a number of new classes, as well as many revised and improved versions of our most popular offerings, all based on the 2015 International Codes and the 2014 National Electrical Code.
- New! Class covering the confusing mechanical ventilation strategies for houses and apartments based on the IMC, IECC and IRC.
- New! New classes on how missing the details during construction ensures building failures and one on tiny homes and log homes.
- New! Two 2-day classes on performing commercial and residential plan reviews, with plan sets and in-class exercises.
- Back! Joseph Lstiburek and his highly entertaining look at building science and Robby Schwarz with a look at how building science affects the requirements found in the IECC.
- Back! Five classes based on the 2014 National Electrical Code which comply with the DORA continuing competency requirements for Colorado electricians.
- Revised! 3 full classes on fire-rated construction, fire stopping and how to inspect these assemblies.
- Back! Full week course paths on plumbing and mechanical, including code update classes, commercial kitchen hood, duct design and sizing to SMACNA, plumbing inspection and plumbing plan review.
- Back! Emerging construction innovations, technologies and techniques from around the world.
- Hot! Ten full days of top notch instruction on the most current fire prevention topics including a number of new courses on topics such as fire alarm plan review, a review of Underwriter’s Laboratories (UL), a look at places of religious worship and fire service politics.