Website Town of Frisco
Salary : $26.71 – $38.89 Hourly
Location : Frisco, CO
Job Type: Year Round Full Time
Department: Community Development
Job Number: 2022.02.04
This hourly position performs a variety of building inspections to evaluate the construction or alteration of both residential and commercial, new and existing buildings and structures for conformance with applicable construction (building, plumbing, energy, mechanical, fuel gas) codes and ordinances. Performs technical duties in the examination and approval of plans submitted for construction permits requiring understanding and applicability of adopted building codes. Assists Community Development customers by answering questions, assisting in code applicability, and informing of permitting processes.
- Performs Inspection of building, mechanical, and plumbing construction work (new, remodels, additions, repairs, residential, commercial, etc.) during all phases of construction for conformance with the Town of Frisco adopted codes and standards.
- Reviews building construction plans, documents, studies/reports, and applications for construction permits and checks for completeness, required documentation, and conformance with the Town of Frisco adopted codes and standards. Provides guidance to applicants regarding permit submittals and processes.
- Assists the public and other agencies with matters regarding building plans, permitting, construction, inspection, and the explanation of building codes.
- Investigates potential Code violations and reports of work without permits, and pursues appropriate enforcement actions including posting of stop-work orders.
- Maintains familiarity with existing and new building codes and applicable regulations of the Town of Frisco.
- Maintains ICC Certifications.
- Maintains records of actions and communications regarding plan review, inspections, and communicates with applicants as needed.
- Assists at the front counter with intake of applications, issuance of construction permits, and collection of appropriate fees.
- Assists in the coordination of the building permit process with Planning Division staff.
- Under the direction of the Building Official, performs related duties as required and necessary.
- Adheres to Town of Frisco policies, standards, and regulations including but not limited to proper attire, safety procedures, and overall professionalism.
- Ability to function and make good decisions in the absence of a supervisor.
- Communicates in a professional, courteous and timely manner both verbally and in writing when dealing with Town of Frisco employees, citizens, customers and vendors.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned from time to time by supervisor.
Please visit the Town website above for a complete list of the job requirements.
Too many to list, please visit the Town website above for a complete list of benefits and perks.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.