Website Town of Eagle
The Town of Eagle, a dynamic, recreation-oriented, and growing community, has an excellent opportunity for a skilled and proven leader to serve as Full-Time Building Official within the Community Development Department. This position manages and performs the enforcement and regulation of the minimum standards to safeguard life, health, property, and welfare standards of the adopted Town Ordinances regarding design, construction, quality of the materials, use and occupancy of all buildings and structures within the Town of Eagle.
The ideal candidate will be a progressive, collaborative leader with an elevated level of emotional intelligence, excellent written and oral communication skills, and technology savvy. It is essential that the Building Official be customer service oriented and understand the importance of balancing public safety and win-win solutions for the community. The position demands a strong interaction with the development and construction community and a genuine desire to establish and foster professional relationships with our internal and external customers.
Hiring Pay Range: $79,105 – $98,881 annually. The pay range maximum is $116,658 annually. A pay rate above the hiring range may be considered based on the candidate’s qualifications, certifications, and experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Construction Management, Engineering, or related field
- Seven years of increasingly responsible experience in code administration, field inspection, plans examination or construction required
ICC certified building official
ICC certified building plans examiner
ICC certified building inspector
plus, any combination of two additional ICC certifications (plumbing, electrical, mechanical)
- Valid State Driver’s License and Satisfactory Motor Vehicle Record (MVR)
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Email
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time position with health insurance benefits. Normal days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- May be requested to attend evening committee meetings, special work sessions, and may assist with some evening and weekend events.
- Applications benefits, and full job description available on-line at www.townofeagle.org/jobs
- Interested candidates are invited to submit a fully completed application, cover letter and resume to HR
- Applications that state, “SEE RESUME” will be rejected.
Deadline: First review of resumes is Noon, Monday April 18, 2022, applications received after this date may not be considered. However, position will remain open until filled.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: The Town of Eagle is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace and the broader Eagle community. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, including multilingual and multicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical conditions. Reasonable accommodations will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.
To apply for this job please visit www.townofeagle.org.