Community Planning and Development - City and County of Denver
Are you passionate about doing work that matters and making a difference and protecting the health, safety, and welfare of our communities? Are you the inquisitive type that loves to dig into the research to find solutions to help customers solve problems? We have a unique opportunity that allows you to be a part of the City’s growth and have an impact on our built environment! The City and County of Denver’s Community Planning and Development Department (CPD) is seeking a Plans Review Specialist I to join our team. CPD administers Denver’s zoning codes through review, permitting, and inspection of all new development projects in Denver. We offer w excellent work/life balance, growth potential, unmatched benefits, and a pension plan for life! Apply today!
Working for the City and County of Denver (CCD) is so much more than a job. It’s a chance to make a difference in your own life and in the lives of people around you. Click here to find out about all the amazing benefits and reasons to work for the city that you love!
BUILDING COMMUNITY: Denver Community Planning and Development is responsible for visionary city planning and ensuring safe, responsible, and sustainable building. CPD regulates planning, zoning, development, and maintenance of private property in Denver. We’re working hard to make Denver a great place to live, work and play! Visit www.Denvergov.org/CPD.
The Plans Review Specialist I is responsible for assisting customers throughout the plans review process and serving as point of contact and subject matter expert from submittal to final approval.
Schedule: Hybrid, 3 days a week in office. 9/80 flex option after successful completion of 6 month probation.
Key responsibilities for the Plans Review Specialist I include:
- Performing basic plan review for assigned plan submittals to ensure conformance to City code and regulation standards
- Responding to customer inquiries and concerns regarding the status or their submittals
- Providing feedback, recommendations, corrections, and sending review comments on assigned submittals
- Issuing final approvals and permits, and collecting permit fees from customers
- Performing other related duties as assigned
The City and County of Denver is committed to cultivating a culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion. This commitment is woven into our values and belief that we are strongest when we embrace and celebrate our differences. We aim to have employees who are as diverse as our residents, with different perspectives and unique ways of thinking. If you share these values and our enthusiasm for equity, we encourage you to apply to join our team.
Research shows that women and people of color are less likely to apply for a position if they do not meet almost 100% of the desired skills. Please note this is not necessary! If you meet the minimum requirements below and have a passion for the work, you are encouraged to apply.
Our ideal candidate will be organized, flexible, and have the ability to effectively manage multiple assignments at one time.
In addition, our ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Experience reviewing, preparing, and examining construction documents for conformance with either building code or zoning code regulations
- Proficient with using Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Bluebeam, and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience using electronic permitting systems and programs, such as Accela
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively – verbally and in writing
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized
- Self-motivated and motivated to help others
- Bilingual skills helpful, but not required
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education Requirement: Bachelor’s Degree in Construction
- Management, Engineering, Architecture, Urban and Regional Planning, or a related field
Experience Requirement: Two (2) years of plans review experience reviewing blueprints and plans for zoning and construction projects with regard to the compliance of zoning and construction codes and regulations
- Education & Experience Requirement: One (1) year of the appropriate type and level of experience may be substituted for each required year of post-high school education
- Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements
To apply for this job please visit denver.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.