City of Commerce City
The Permit Technician II, under general direction and considerable knowledge of the division, provides customer service to process permit applications, building inspections, contractor licenses, and certificates of occupancy while providing non-routine and complex clerical and customer service support for the Division & Department.
The hiring range for this position is $22.29 – $27.86 hourly.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages permitting software including user and system security settings and permissions, troubleshoots problems, develops and modifies formulas, trains and advises department staff, and coordinates testing for patches and upgrades
- Reviews, processes and issues building permits, contractor licenses, and certificate of occupancy within established deadlines
- Researches, collects data, and responds to complex issues regarding the division’s processes and procedures
- Follows City’s accounts payable processes, prepares and/or tracks fiscal records, and may process/reconcile payments within established deadlines
- Receives, assigns, and/or responds to CORA requests
- All employees must model and demonstrate the City Values at all times during the course of employment; to include: Integrity, Collaboration, Innovation, Respect and Excellence
Performs other duties as assigned
High School diploma or GED and at least five years’ experience as a permit technician or related construction or real estate experience are required. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered. This position requires an ICC certification as Permit Technician or the ability to obtain this within 12 months of employment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of codes and ordinances such as the International Residential Code, City’s land use and municipal code
- Advanced knowledge permitting software, database concepts, and reporting functions
- Comprehensive knowledge of permitting policies and procedures
- Ability to read construction plans and documents
- Ability to read, understand, and convey information to the general public concerning permitting procedures and policies
- Solid skill Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel
- Solid mathematical skills to accurately count change and to calculate fees and tax rates
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications. Employees are accountable for all duties associated with this position.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.