If you are interested in building a career within one of America’s most beautiful cities, while at the same time, providing a better environment for the public, this position will be an exciting opportunity to perform plan review on various projects throughout the city.
- Review and evaluate architectural and structural construction documents submitted for approval utilizing applicable codes/standards/guidelines/laws, appropriate municipal ordinances, and construction and engineering standards, determine review fees, and authorize the release of approved documents for city permits.
Check engineering calculations and provide timely oral and/or written communications detailing design and/or construction deficiencies in plans and specifications.
- Interact with the public, professional design consultants, project managers, contractors, and elected officials to communicate permit application procedures, regulatory and code requirements and interpretations, and negotiate for special considerations on unique and/or historical projects.
- Direct and participate in design coordination meetings regarding private development projects and city, state, and regional capital improvement projects in order to lead the development process, ensure timely approval and completion of projects, and resolve any problem areas.
- Assist inspectors with difficult or unusual code compliance issues and answer questions from inspectors about plan review comments.
- Cultivate, foster, and maintain positive working relationships with directors, managers, supervisors, employees, and other stakeholders to gain their cooperation and support on assigned projects/assignments.
- Participate in recommending and establishing policies, procedures, standards, guidelines, and specifications and evaluate the effectiveness of existing methods, policies, procedures, and proposed local and national model code modifications and issues.
Our ideal candidate has:
- A Master of Science Degree in Structural Engineering or Architectural or Civil Engineering with a Structural focus.
- Direct design experience with a wide variety of buildings (both multi-family residential and commercial), structural materials (steel, concrete, light gauge metal, wood, masonry), and lateral force resisting systems (moment frame, shear wall, braced frame, cantilever column, flexible, rigid, and semi-rigid diaphragms).
- Experience using Bluebeam® Revu®
- International Code Council Building Plans Examiner Certification (Note: For the successful candidate, the International Code Council Building Plans Examiner Certification must be completed by the end of the probationary period.)
We realize that your time is valuable, so please refrain from applying if you do not possess at least the following:
Education Requirement: Bachelor of Science Degree in Architectural or Civil Engineering, or other directly related Engineering field.
Experience Requirement: Three years of experience as a Licensed Professional Engineer working as a lead project engineer in the construction industry.
Licensure and/or Certification:
Registration as a Professional Engineer (P.E.) by the Colorado State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers at the time of application.
Registration as a Professional Engineer by another state will be accepted in lieu of the requirement, provided the applicant is registered by the State of Colorado by the completion of the probationary period.
Possession of a valid driver’s license at the time of application.
Possession of an International Code Council Building Plans Examiner Certification by the completion of the probationary period.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/denver/jobs/2014240/plans-review-engineer-architectural-structural?keywords=Plans%20Review&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs →