Website City and County of Denver
This is a Limited position with an end date of 12/31/2022, but is eligible for benefits.
$82,156.00 – $131,450.00 Annually
If you are interested in building a career within one of America’s most beautiful cities, while at the same time, providing a better environment for the public, this position will be an exciting opportunity to perform plan review on projects that will be integrally related to new construction being planned at the Denver International Airport (DEN).
- Review and evaluate electrical construction documents and specifications submitted for approval utilizing applicable codes/standards/guidelines/laws, appropriate municipal ordinances, and construction and engineering standards, determine review fees, and authorize the release of approved documents for city permits.
- Check engineering calculations and provides timely oral and/or written communication detailing design and/or electrical systems deficiencies in plans and specifications.
- Interact with the public, professional design consultants, project managers, contractors, and elected officials to communicate permit application procedures and regulatory and code requirements and interpretations, and negotiate for special considerations on unique and/or historical projects.
- Perform “same day” plan review for immediate issuance of building permits and reviews projects filed with the department requiring written code deficiencies and information for project architects, engineers, and contractors. May be required to respond to design team members, contractors, and other affected parties at the time of the “same day” review.
- Direct and participate in design coordination meetings regarding private development projects and city, state, and regional capital improvement projects in order to lead the development process, ensure timely approval and completion of projects, and resolve any problem areas.
- Assist design professionals with engineering standards, coordinates with other electrical engineering functions (such as fire protection, utilities, environmental, safety, security, contractors, and appropriate managers and staff).
- Assist inspectors with difficult or unusual code compliance issues and answer questions from inspectors about plan review comments.
- Cultivate, foster, and maintain positive working relationships with directors, managers, supervisors, employees, and other stakeholders to gain their cooperation and support on assigned projects/assignments.
- Participate in recommending and establishing policies, procedures, standards, guidelines, and specifications and evaluate the effectiveness of existing methods, policies, procedures, and proposed local and national model code modifications and issues.
About YouOur ideal candidate has:
Certification as a LEED professional.
International Code Council Building Plans Examiner Certification
Familiarity designing photovoltaic and hazardous systems, emergency, legally required, and optional standby systems
Note: For the successful candidate, the International Code Council Building Plans Examiner Certification must be completed by the end of the probationary period.
We realize that your time is valuable, so please refrain from applying if you do not possess at least the following:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, or other directly related Engineering field.
- Three years of experience as a Licensed Professional Engineer working as a lead project engineer in the construction industry.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (P.E.) by the Colorado State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers at the time of application.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer by another state will be accepted in lieu of the requirement, provided the applicant is registered by the State of Colorado by the completion of the probationary period.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license at the time of application.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://goo.gl/ib6Mrr →