Website City and County of Denver
City and County of Denver - Community Planning and Development
- Review and evaluate architectural construction documents submitted for approval utilizing applicable codes/standards/guidelines/laws, appropriate municipal ordinances, zoning and construction standards, determine review fees, and authorize the release of approved documents for city permits.
- Provides timely oral and/or written communication detailing design, zoning and/or construction deficiencies in plans and specifications.
- Interact with the public, professional design consultants, project managers, contractors, to communicate permit application procedures and regulatory and code requirements and interpretations.
- Holds pre-application meetings with members of the public prior to submittals being provided to the City for review to provide initial code guidance and answer questions.
- Assist inspectors with difficult or unusual code compliance issues and answer questions from inspectors about plan review comments.
- Work collaboratively with the Residential team, the Commercial/Multi-Family team, and the Project Coordination team (responsible for Site Development Plan review) to ensure quality reviews.
- Cultivate, foster, and maintain positive working relationships with directors, managers, supervisors, employees, and other stakeholders to gain their cooperation and support on assigned projects/assignments.
- Interacts with utility companies, city agencies/departments, and other governmental agencies to necessary permits and to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Certification as a Building Plans Examiner or Residential Plans Examiner by ICC.
- Experience performing plans review on residential plans for conformance to the IRC.
- Familiarity/understanding of the Denver Zoning Code.
- Experience performing plans review on commercial plans for conformance to the IBC.
We realize that your time is valuable, so please only apply if you have at least the minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Two years of professional architecture experience.
- Additional appropriate education may be substituted for one year of the minimum experience requirement.
Licensure and/or Certification:
Registration as an Architect by the Colorado State Board of Licensure is required at the time of application. Registration in another state will be accepted in lieu of this requirement, provided that the applicant has a Colorado registration by the completion of probation.
Possession of a valid driver’s license at the time of application.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/denver/jobs/1738302/architect-residential?keywords=architect&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs →