Website Charles Abbott Associates
Charles Abbott Associates, Inc. (CAA) is a contract service provider to state and local government agencies. The expertise we provide to agencies includes the departmental functions of building & safety, city engineering/public works, environmental, and fire prevention. With over 36 years of experience as a firm serving the public sector, CAA has earned respect in the industry for the outstanding service we provide our clients.
CAA is currently interviewing for a full-time Building Inspector for Summit and Grand County.
Reviewing plans and applications for building permits as well as issuing building permits and other construction related permits. Performing field inspections of private and public construction projects, which may include structural, plumbing, mechanical and/or electrical installations to ensure compliance with applicable codes, standards and regulations.
Communicating with property owners, contractors, and others regarding State and local codes; explaining requirements and ensuring compliance with plans and codes. Reading, correctly interpreting, applying and using building codes, municipal codes, ordinances, and other related laws, regulations, and policies as required. Issue notices to comply on violations; maintain records of history of facts for possible legal actions. Maintain files and reports regarding inspection and plan check activities and findings.
Additionally, candidates must be experienced with plan check and will be expected to assist at the counter.
The successful candidate will demonstrate experience in commercial building inspection and/or residential combination inspection with additional experience in any of the following areas: electrical, plumbing, mechanical installations and/or inspections; grading inspection, working as a lead worker, or in an administrative or supervisory capacity.
· Building and related codes (IBC/CBC, UPC/CPC, UPC/CPC, UMC/CMC).
· Principles and techniques of building inspection.
· General zoning and land use regulations.
· Office methods, procedures, and equipment
· Building construction, materials and methods
· Accepted safety standards and methods.
· Read, understand and interpret approved plans, specifications and construction plans accurately.
· Understand and follow written and oral instructions.
· Communicate effectively, orally and in writing
· Establish, maintain and promote positive and effective working relationships with employees, other agencies and the public.
· Demonstrate initiative and exercise good judgment in the performance of duties.
· Perform basic plan checking, as assigned.
· Identify building code compliance requirements and make appropriate recommendations for corrective actions.
· Prepare and maintain accurate paperwork, including forms, records and reports.
· Make mathematical calculations.
· Interpret, apply and explain construction-related codes, regulations and policies.
· Operate a computer using word processing and business software and other office equipment.
· Work independently and as a team member; recognize and set priorities and meet deadlines.
· Observe safety principles and work in a safe manner.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com