Website Boulder County
Boulder County Community Planning and Permitting
Boulder County Community Planning & Permitting Department has an opening for a Permit Specialist. The Permit Specialist position is a front-line position that requires thorough knowledge of building permit processes, departmental procedures, and the administrative provisions of the Building Code. The Permit Specialist provides customers with general code information, information related to the various Community Planning & Permitting Dept. review processes, and criteria related to building permit submittals, contractor licenses, and short term rental licenses.
This is a full-time, benefited position. This position will work Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm. This position will work at the Courthouse Annex, located at 2045 13th St., Boulder, CO 80302. Under Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) guidelines, this position is non-exempt (eligible for overtime).
As of December 1, 2021, Boulder County requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or request an approved accommodation within ten days of accepting an offer of employment. A person is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completion of a two-dose mRNA series or one dose of Johnson and Johnson vaccine.
Boulder County requires its employees to reside in the state of Colorado as of the first day of work.
Hiring Salary Range: $42,552.00 – $45,000.00 Annually
Classification Salary Range: $42,552.00 – $61,380.00 Annually
Tentative Hiring Timeline:
First Round Interviews: June 6th – 10th
Examples of Duties
1. Explains policies, codes, ordinances and regulations to contractors and the public through various communication methods including phone, in person and in written responses
2. Reviews, verifies, and processes documents associated with building permit submittals
3. Processes complaints from the public related to building code violations
4. Processes Short Term Rental referrals and inspections
5. Processes Contractor License
6. Coordinates with other county departments for building code-related issues including the Public Health Dept., the Public Works Dept., the County Attorney, and the Commissioners Office
7. Administers public hearing procedures including public notices, referrals, and minutes for Board of Review and Fire Code Review Committee public hearings
8. Performs data entry and office tasks
9. Reviews building permit submittals for completeness and determine if code and plan submittal criteria have been met
10. Assist in administration of the building inspection process, and processes documents associated with the construction process
11. Performs related work as required
12. May be reassigned in emergency situations
Required Qualifications PLEASE NOTE: When submitting your application be sure to include all relevant education and experience, as applications are screened based on the qualifications listed in this position announcement. Applications that do not appear to meet minimum qualifications, as outlined below, will not be considered. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of completed applications.
Please be aware that your cover letter and resume will not be accessed in the initial screening process, so you must complete your application and supplemental questions with as much detail as possible. Any personally identifiable information (PII) such as name and address will be redacted from applications that meet the minimum screening requirements and are forwarded to the hiring manager. If the hiring manager selects you to advance in the hiring process, your cover letter and resume will then be accessible to the hiring team.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Boulder County is looking for well qualified candidates to fill our positions. Any combination of relevant education and experience is encouraged. In this position, we are looking for a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent and two years of experience interpreting and applying policies, procedures, statutes, rules, and/or regulations to the public. Additional related education may count towards required experience.
Veterans are encouraged to apply for positions that match their skills, education, and experience.
Supplemental Information KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
Knowledge of codes and regulations pertaining to Boulder County permitting
Ability to work effectively with other employees, agencies and the public
Boulder County is a family-friendly workplace dedicated to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and respectful environment for all employees. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants and employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.